Driver Education FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How old do I need to be to enroll in Driver Education classes?
- You must be 15 by the first day of class.
Q: At what age can I get my permit?
- 15 years old if enrolled in Driver Education or any time after you are 16
Q: What do I do to get the permit at 15 years old?
- With the CDE form and required documents for the BMV, you can take the written test at the BMV to receive your Driver's Ed Permit.
Q: How do I get the CDE Form and what documents do I need?
- You must be registered for Driver Education, call our office for more details.
- Download the documentation requirements to obtain an Indiana driver's ed permit.
Q: When can I start the drives?
- You must have your permit and attend the first class before driving with a parent, guardian, or driving instructor.
Q: If I take an online course from another provider, can I complete the driving portion with you?
- Yes, the 6 required drives for Driver Education is $350.
Q: When can I get my Driver's License?
- You can obtain your driver’s license at the age of 16 and 90 days after completing Driver’s Education.
- Having held your permit for 180 days.
- Completed the 50 hour Drive Log
All DE Students: Have the option for a Drive Test with our instructor and our vehicle.
Classes Begin Soon!
To register, call 765-453-5665 or visit our Registration Page
Need more flexibility?
Try "HOW TO DRIVE"
"It is not about just passing the test to get your license;
it is about passing the test of driving safely every day."
Enroll in one of our classes.
Tools for Learning
Our classroom allows students to use internet resources as a tool to learn the rules of the road. Our QR codes can be read with both smartphones and tablets, including iPads.